Thursday, March 31st, 2022
Nonprofit Staten Island
Support our Community Service Awards and Borough’s Unsung Heroes!
Congratulations to all Honorees!!!
Congratulations to all the honorees celebrated today as part of our 10th Annual Nonprofit Community Service Awards!! It was quite the celebration, and we are so grateful to our event sponsors and partners, and all who attended to applaud our Borough’s Commitment to Serve, evident in the service and dedication of the awardees to their organizations and communities.
Many thanks to the Honorable Michael McMahon, Staten Island District Attorney’s Office, for sharing words of acknowledgment and encouragement today and recognizing all the honorees with certificates, as well as Kamillah Hanks Council Member-D49 who sent citations in recognition of the honorees’ service and contributions.
Honorees, thank you for all you do! :
1. SUSANNAH ABBATE – Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden
2. ROSANNE BURRELL – National Lighthouse Museum
3. ELAINE CROTEAU – Protectors of Pine Oak Woods
4. MARALIE DEPRINVIL – Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness
5. CHRIS DOWLING – A Chance In Life
6. PETER K. DUGAN – Pride Center of Staten Island
7. STACI FAZIO – Eden II Programs
8. MICHELE DANZA GAY – JCC of Staten Island
9. MORLAI KAMARA – Project Hospitality
10. MADISON L’INSALATA & MICHAEL PERUGGIA – The GRACE Foundation of New York
11. KENIA LIRIANO – Community Health Action of Staten Island
12. KATIE LIVOLSI – The Children’s Aid Society Goodhue Center
13. CATHY LYNCH – New York Center for Interpersonal Development NYCID
14. ARIEL MARCUS-HOLLENBECK – IlluminArt Productions
15. EBENEZER OWUSUSEKYERE – Integration Charter Schools
16. GAIL SMITH-RICHARDS – Kaleidoscope Mode
17. ISAIAH WILKERSON – Person Centered Care Services, Inc.
18. KAREEM “KAY” WOODS – K Woods Foundation
And once again, thank you to our event sponsors for their support — A Chance In Life Mutual of America Financial Group Bentson & Company Investors Bank New York Center for Interpersonal Development NYCID Rich Energy Solutions Rab’s Country Lanes Tekie Geek!
As well to I CAN Candles by The GRACE Foundation for donating favors for our guests, Staten Island Community Television for being onsite to record the event for later airing on the station, GRACE 10314/Gotham Trinity Productions for taping clips, the assistance of volunteers from Community Service Society of New York Retired & Senior Volunteers Program during check in, and the immense help from Saint Joseph Hill Academy High School volunteers before, during and after.
We are thrilled to share that the Staten Island Nonprofit Community Service Awards are back! After a 2 year hiatus due to COVID-19, plans are underway for the Nonprofit Staten Island’s 10th annual Community Service Awards Breakfast: Celebrating Our Borough’s Commitment to Serve.
The event will be held on Sunday, March 27, 2022 from 9:30 AM-Noon at Li Greci’s Staaten, 697 Forest Avenue, Staten Island. As a fellow community leader, we are writing today to request your support of this event with a Corporate Sponsorship.
Each year, nonprofit organizations select passionate and dedicated individuals to be honored at the breakfast. These unsung heroes are recognized for their commitment to helping others and fulfilling their organization’s mission. The last time we hosted the event in 2019, 24 individuals from 20+ organizations were honored amongst over 200 colleagues, family, and friends. Past honorees have included those from Community Health Action of Staten Island, Eden II, Grace Foundation, Jewish Community Center of Staten Island, Kaleidoscope, Project Hospitality, National Lighthouse Museum, Pride Center of Staten Island, Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness, and Staten Island Running Association.